Image Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blessings Galore

God is so good, even when I don't deserve it. Don't get me wrong, I am consistently trying to better myself. I humble myself often. I try to think nice thoughts about people and drivers around me. I think about doing the right thing on a daily basis... haha. But I fail a lot. Like every day. I catch myself looking at people and thinking, "Did they honestly look in the mirror this morning?" or "I wonder if they know how huge their rear end is" or "That person just cut me off... I hate them and wish bad things upon them!". See? I'm a jerk! I judge people left and right. And it's probably the thing I'm working on the most. I guess that just means I'm human. Prayer definitely is a great antidote for impatience and judgementalness (That is now a word). The more I pray for those around me, the more I feel a great love for them. So I'm a work in progress.

ANYWAYS, I'm just writing to say God loves me even though I full of flaws. And he blesses me on a daily basis. For instance, a few weeks back I went to a job fair on campus. I had a few interviews (no biggy) with school districts in Rexburg, Rigby, and Idaho falls, but I honestly thought I stunk and nobody would be impressed with me. All the districts told me to go online and apply and they'll get back to me... blah blah blah. I didn't think anything was going to come of it. I was planning on applying for a teaching job around here, but then our plans have changed. I'll update you on our plans in a upcoming blogpost. But instead of leaving Rexburg fall 2013 (which would give me a full year to teach), we're leaving in January 2013. So I can't really get a teaching job anymore. I decided not to apply anywhere. So today, I got this phone call. It was the principal of Madison Middle School (where I'd be a math teacher) in Rexburg. PERFECTION! He said he noticed that I never applied to teach there. He says he has one spot open and is finishing up the interview process today. He asked if I could come in and interview, and we could figure out the application stuff after. Holy crap! (Excuse my language.) He asked me to interview without me even applying!! Isn't that amazing? I had to say no... because we're leaving in January and that would be bad to do to him. But it was a great feeling knowing I was wanted, and that I was good enough. I don't know if you get my drift, but I felt like I was on cloud nine. It was the best opportunity I've ever turned down. haha. Our future better turn out, or I turned down an amazing thing for nothing.

Anyways, another blessing today. My friend and I were driving to the elementary school in Idaho Falls where we student teach. While we were on the freeway, the car in front of us suddenly slammed on its breaks and came to a complete stop. Wowa! The other lane had cars in it. So my friend was driving (luckily) and swerved toward the median (which had a railing). When she swerved, we realized the reason the car stopped. THERE WAS A LADDER LAYING ACROSS THE LANE AND INTO THE MEDIAN! We had no choice but to keep swerving toward the railing. Somehow, seriously miraculously, we squeezed between the ladder and the railing. Miracles do happen! We were centimeters from hitting both the railing and the ladder. Here, I'll draw a picture for you:
Everything happened in like 2 seconds. I don't know if you understand how scary it was, but my friend was shaken up for like an hour afterwards. It was crazy. We were very blessed.

So my point is, God is so good and blesses Travis and I on a daily basis. I know he is aware of us and even cares about the little things happening in our lives. We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsay, I love your posts. They are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool about the interview, how flattering! Holy crap is right, I would have freaked out. I am so glad you guys made it out of that safe!

    ReplyDelete