Image Map

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Football Existed Back Then?

Okay... funny story time. Some of you probably won't think it's funny. But my students make me laugh every single day. Here's a story I thought was worth remembering.

The students have been working on biographies of famous people. The other day they were giving their presentations. One of the students shared that someone in the 1800s (I don't remember who) really enjoyed football. A boy raised his hand and asked, "Football existed back then?"

Here's a picture for your enjoyment.
Then my cooperating teacher said football has been around for a very long time.

A girl in the front row raises her hand with confidence. (One of those "OOooo Ooooo Call on me!" kind of moments.) So she gets called on and says, "Watch 'That 70s Show'. They have football on that".

The boy then goes, "Oooh okay", like it totally made him understand better. It's so funny how they have no concept of time. They don't know the difference between 1970 and the 1800s. It's all "back then" to them. haha.

1 comment: