Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

Another Man's Trash...

You know what they say... another man's trash is another man's treasure.  Or in this case,  used toys a mom wants to get rid of make another mom really happy.  We went to a local consignment shop that comes around twice a year. It was open for four days and I found myself stopping by every day. When I walked through the doors for the first time, I didn't expect what I saw. Shelves and shelves of toys. Baby toys. I heard the hallelujah choir singing. So I stepped in further and began to sift through the piles of toys. Hailey had a total of 3 toys before this. So I had a mission to fulfill. I walked back and forth between the shelves of discounted toys for over an hour. Finally, I left with a few things feeling very accomplished. So after that, I went back everyday. It became a little bit of an addiction. Good thing it was only open for four days. Moral of the story: After disinfecting them like crazy,  Hailey has TONS of fun toys now. And I feel pretty awesome for finding such great deals.

After gathering all those toys, a new problem arose. Storage. So these toys sat in piles on the floor of our family room for weeks until I found a solution that I liked. Hailey' s room is small, so I couldn't keep them in there. So I found these shelves to keep in our family room.


I love them!  Every time I walk by I stop and stare. Now I'm just looking forward to the day when Hailey is mobile and pulling all the baskets down.

No comments:

Post a Comment