Image Map

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Student Teaching: COMPLETE!

Isn't my class cute? I student taught in fourth grade. They are so great! The best kids ever. I can't believe it's over. It was such a great learning experience for me. The kids really believed in me. I learned and grew in so many ways. I'm excited and terrified to have my own classroom in the future. I learned a lot while student teaching. One thing I learned is don't get involved in the drama. The drama really surprised me. I didn't know it would be like it was. But I guess if you put a lot of women together, there will be drama. So I learned that I cannot get involved. I have to separate myself from it. I also learned that the kids forget and forgive so quickly. Sometimes I was less patient than I should have been. They easily forgave me. They inspire me to be better. I also learned that fourth graders have boyfriends and girlfriends. They are so love crazy! haha. Another thing I learned is every child needs someone to depend on. Some kids don't have that at home. One of my favorite parts of teaching is being someone a student can depend on. It's also one of the hardest parts because that only lasts until 3:00. Some kids go home to some pretty crazy lives. I just hope they always have great teachers that help them get through school. I loved my experience. It was amazing. I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm excited to continue to learn and grow in my teaching abilities. I definitely know I am doing what I was meant to do. I love the kids!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be a fantastic teacher Linds! Great job!

    ReplyDelete